Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Cap Tex Tri

Right after we got back from vacation, my friend Danielle and I competed in our very first Olympic Distance Triathlon. The distances are supposed to be 1500Meter Swim, 24.8Mile Bike and 6.2Mile run. That is what we trained for. We both finished with respectable times, but thought we would do better. (We take out about 15 minutes of my time because I had to change flat tire.) Anyways, we learned about a week later that the actual distances were measured wrong. So the swim was really 1800Meters, the bike was right and the run was really 6.6Miles. Whew. That explains why our times were off.

Danielle and I spent lots and lots of Saturday mornings riding our bikes and running together. She has become a great friend. She has 3 kids so I'm always asking her for advice...let's face it...she's been there. Danielle has such a great story of God's love for His children and how he chases after them. She's just such a joyful person...love you Dani!

This picture is grainy because I took it off of the race website. We were a little nervous for the race to finally start and to actually get to see how our training paid off!

No comments: